Essential Hen Night Tips
Before the hen night
During the hen night:
- Check who the bride really wants to be there Ė should it be just close friends and family, or work colleagues too? Donít be over enthusiastic about inviting elderly future in-laws to the hen night though Ė the bride may find it hard to have a wild night out while on her best behaviour.
- Get all the necessary contact details and contact the hens as soon as possible.
- Even if the hen night is a surprise for the bride, make sure she will like it - thereís no point in hiring a stripper when sheíd rather a quiet day in a spa.
- Under no circumstances should you hold the hen night on the night before the wedding! A week or two before the wedding is perfect, especially if it coincides with the stag night.
- Choose the location for the hen night Ė do most of the guests live in one area or is there a central location which would make a good meeting point for everyone?
- Discuss hen night budgets as soon as possible to find something that suits everyone's tastes and pocket.
- When it comes to paying, the costs should be divided amongst the group - the bride should not have to pay for anything.
- Check in advance if you can get a group discount. Some places will happily agree to a hen night discount.
- Plan a few thoughtful treats. This could be anything from a book signed by all the hens to a photo album containing memorable photographs of the brideís life.
- Take along some hen night party accessories such as cowboy hats, wigs, personalised balloons or noisemakers. Have a look at the great selection on our website!
- It may be easiest to sort out money at the start of the evening, so set up a kitty to avoid the hassle of sorting out bills at the end of the night.
- Make sure the events are paced - you don't want everyone to get drunk too soon, so make sure a meal is included in the hen night celebrations.
- Choose your hen night activities carefully: you donít want bruises for the big day (which means paintball is out of the question).
Try these cocktails to spice the night up (especially if you are staying in)
Hen Party Punch
Ma bonnie wee hen
- 140ml pineapple juice
- 70ml Triple Sec
- 140ml lemon juice
- 300ml brandy
- 140ml grenadine
- 1 bottle of dry white wine
- 1 bottle of champagne
- Mix all ingredients apart from the champagne, which is to be added just before serving.
- 1 1/2 oz. whisky
- 1/2 oz. dry sherry
- 1/2 oz. orange juice
- 1/2 oz. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Grenadine
- Combine all the ingredients in a shaker half-filled with ice cubes. Shake well and serve in cocktail glasses.
Hen Night Accessories
It is a hen party and you want everyone to know it! Well, one word, girlfriends: accessorize!
Accessorize your friends with L-plate Wings, Flashing Hen Night Badges and Brooches, Feather Boas, Devil Horns, Naughty Girl Test Tube Beads, Hen Night Sashes and Cowboy Hats, Hen Night Glam Glasses, even Hen Night Handbags!
For the bride-to-be we have Flashing Tiaras and Veils, Wedding Veils, Garters and fantastic Bride-to-be Sets.
Donít start the party without stocking on those all important hen night accessories: Whistles, Willy Drinking Straws (naughty but fun!), Hen Night Balloons, Hen Night Party Poppers, Dare Cards and Neon Shot Glasses. The more, the better!
Finally, make sure you donít forget a Hen Night Autograph T-shirt . Put the hen in it and get everyone to sign it. Donít worry about the pen, we will see to it.
View: Hen Night Accessories
Hen Night All Items
Have a good look, girls. Hereís everything youíll ever need for a hen night: from angel wings to zebra hats. We can do fairy, we can do fiery. Cowboy hats and feather boas in all colours, flashing accessories, hen night wigs naughty inflatables, neon glasses, bling jewellery, harem girls costumes, sexy Indian costumes, cowboy sets, pirate wench costumes, garters and boppers, dare cards hen night handbags. And cameras, of course Ė it will be a hen night to remember, wonít it?
View: Hen Night - ALL Items
Hen Night Cameras
The whole point of organising the greatest hen night of all times is having memorable pictures to show to those unlucky to have missed it. We can help with our vast selection of inexpensive and high-quality disposable cameras easy to fit in your handbag. Our hen night cameras come with flash to ensure brilliant night images. They even come in a variety of colours: gold, red and silver sparkle to add festive mode and to go with you chosen outfit. See, we have thought of everything!
View: Hen Night Cameras
Hen Night Cowboy Hats
You will be spoilt for choice here: red and pink, yellow and lilac, silver and purple. We even have iridescent, rainbow, glitter, neon and sequined hats. And hen night fedoras. Thatís not all: what about a cowboy hat with tiara? Or a cowboy hat with marabou and sequin trim ? Donít forget to check also our exclusive selection of feather boas for a unique hen night look!
View: Hen Night Cowboy Hats
Hen Night Fancy Dress
There is a themed hen night coming and you are planning to turn into your favourite character? Look no further!
ďGreaseĒ is the word with our pink jacket or 70s Disco Fancy Dress Costume (for ladies only).
A fan of the fairytale look? What about our Pirate Wench, Butterfly Fairy and Red Riding Hood costumes?
Or, for a naughtier look, why not transform yourself into a Sexy Cowgirl, Sexy Indian Princess, Sexy Convict, Schoolgirl, Miss-Tress, Bunny Girl, Harem Girl or a Sexy Nurse?
View: Hen Night Fancy Dress
Hen Night Glow Accessories
It is a hen night you are going to, so everything should glow and flash, from accessories to cups! For effortless sparkle, accessorize with our Flashing Tunnel Rings and Necklaces, Glow Earrings and Bracelets, Flashing Heart Necklace, Flashing Hen Party Brooch, even Flashing Willy Boppers .
Donít forget to stock on enough Flashing Cola Glasses making it easier to locate your drink even in the darkest of places! And get a Flashing Hen Night Badge for all guests so that it is clear what theyíre doing there!
View: Hen Night Glow Accessories
Hen Night Headboppers, Tiaras, Bunny Ears and Devil Horns
Yes, yes, you have spent hours doing your hair for a very special hen night. Somethingís missing though: Devil Horns , a pair of boppers, or a Saucy Hen Night Veil for the bride-to-be!
As hen night embelishments are really our thing, can we tempt you with a great selection of bunny ears, hen night tiaras and some extremely naughty hen night hair accessories?
View: Hen Night Headboppers, Tiaras, Bunny Ears and Devil Horns
Hen Night Wigs
This is the night to go hair-crazy. You can be the ultimate babe with our selection of Hen Night Babe Wigs in black, brown and white. Feeling adventurous? Why not try our Hen Night Wigs in fuchsia, purple, pink, green and coral? Donít forget to get yourself a matching feather boa.
For a themed hen night you can try our Cher Wigs, Siren Wigs or Supermodel Wigs .
Or, for the ultimate fun look, we can offer the greatest selection of Curly Pop Wigs in black, blonde, black, blue, green, orange, pink, purple, red and yellow: pick your favourite colour, or go rainbow!
View: Hen Night Wigs
Hen Night Wings
Look like an angel with our Hen Night Wings: in beatific white or girly pink. L-plates added for extra fun.
Try our Wings and Halo Fairy Set for a themed hen night and combine with a Silver Hen Night Wig . Who said that good girls donít have fun?
View: Hen Night Wings