Essential stag night tips:
Before the stag night:
During the stag night:
- Decide who to invite and where.
- If you wish to do a theme stag night, check if your chosen type of attire is compatible with the dress code of the venue. Some places will not be happy to have a Full Monty crowd gracing the premises.
- Decide on the date of the stag night: ideally, it should be two weeks before the wedding – this will allow the groom to change the name on his stag-night tattoo or grow his eyebrows again.
- Decide on a stag night budget and stick to it. Assign a treasurer (normally the one with least parking tickets or the one who keeps his cash in a wallet rather than in his pockets – you get the idea). Don’t give your girlfriend/wife yet another reason to nag about your lack or organisational skills.
- If the venue operates a guest-list policy, ring them on time to ensure that everyone is on the guest list. Get a confirmation by e-mail, print it out and take it with you in case you need to show it to the bouncer on duty that night. Double-check nearer the time.
OK, organisations is over and done with, time for the real thing to start:
The morning after the day before:
- Upon arrival, split into sober-looking pairs – this increases your chances to be let in. Smile at the bouncer. Then meet inside and proceed as planned.
- If it's a pub crawl you are planning, sort out the money before stags get too drunk. Ask everyone to contribute towards a kitty at the start of the evening or, even better, a few days earlier.
- Your main challenge now is to keep the momentum going, so pace the events.
- Do not forget to take a camera with you for some memorable shots (i.e. when the prank(s) will be played on the groom), or a video camera to record all the live action. Check out our great range of high-quality disposable cameras.
- When planning the stag night pranks, you may like to have a brainstorming session looking at the groom’s tastes and especially weaknesses. Avoid obvious clichés such as tying the poor lad to a lamppost with cling-film. Serenading stranger in various stages of undress (that’s you, not the stranger) at Victoria Station is a bit passé too. If the groom ends up in hospital, this will not make you terribly popular either.
- Check out our website for some inspiring stag night accessories.
The only rule is: What happened on the stag night must stay there.
Stag Night Accessories
We know that you are planning a few stag night pranks. What you don’t know is that we have everything you need to inject even more fun in your stag night ideas: Adult Willy Pants, Bonking Sheep and Naughty Shorts , to name but a few. It may be a bit risky to show these stag night accessories to the in-laws to be, but they are a great laugh. If you need a bigger crowd, you can always rely on our Inflatable Man and Inflatable Blow Up Doll - it’s OK, they are inoffensive, so the more, the merrier.
For a fancy dress stag night, why not try an all-time favourite? We have the Elvis Wig, Elvis Glasses, Elvis Glasses with Sideburns, or an entire Elvis Headpiece with Shades. Stock on Jumbo Sunglasses, Whistles, Handcuffs and Neon Shot Glasses to make it easier to find those drinks in the night.
Stag Night Cameras
There is nothing like a stag night to take the most compromising photos of your friends (or the funniest ones). Disposable cameras make much more sense on a wild night out than expensive digital numbers. So why don’t you add a few disposable cameras to your stag night shopping list? Great quality and great value! As for the pictures you will be taking – priceless.
Stag Night Fancy Dress
No matter what the stag night theme, you are bound to find a suitable costume here. We have everything you need and probably a few choices you never thought of: you can be Elvis, Fat Cat Gangster or a Male Stripper . You may be interested to know that our Fat Pat Stripper Fancy Dress costume is quite popular for stag night pranks. Most of our costumes are one-size which makes them suitable for most body types.
Stag Night Horns & Hats
You want people to know that it is a stag night you are having? It is all about hair accessories, lads! For a classic look, go for a pair of Stag Horns . Or, if you want to go OTT, it is the Mega Huge Cowboy Hat you want. Another favourite look is the stylish Cowboy/Dallas Hat (in black, brown and white).
For a more exotic choice, why not don a Fez or a Mexican Sombrero ? Or our highly unusual Beer Mug Hat (beer not supplied). If instant transformation is what you are after, Bad Boy Hats, Biker Caps with Chains and Jimmy Hats with Hair are guaranteed to wow everyone at the stag party.
Stag Night Wigs
It is not about how much hair you have, it is about how crazy it is. And crazy we do best. Your friends may not be able to recognize you with our Mega Huge Afro wigs , but at least nobody will miss you when you make your grand entrance. If the 1970s are your thing, we have just the right one for you (with fringe!). For an understated look, pick up a Chilled Wig (goes great with beer). For an explosive look, however, there is nothing like the Curly Pop Wigs in assorted colours. Get a different colour for each stag and you will be the most colourful crowd in town, guaranteed.
For those who have the “wig or hat” dilemma, all we can say is: both!